If you are looking for 6 month braces in the greater Houston, TX area look no further than Best Dental.
Now, more than ever, patients are concerned about issues beyond the health of their teeth; namely, they’re troubled about the aesthetic appearance of their smiles. While metal braces seem unpleasant and alternatives are expensive, Six Month Smiles® is the innovative orthodontic solution that helps you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted, often in less time and with lower costs.
Six Month Smiles® is the ideal solution for adults who are insecure about the appearance of their smile. This orthodontic treatment utilizes shape-memory wires that are engineered to provide exceptional results without unsightly metal braces or having to destroy your natural teeth for the placement of veneers. With clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, the Six Month Smiles® system is nearly invisible while it restores your confidence.
What Are Benefits of the 6 Month Smiles® system?
Some of the benefits include:
- Most patients only undergo treatment for 6 months.
- Treatment is virtually invisible with clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, providing a discreet alternative to unsightly metal braces.
- Patented, shape-memory wires move teeth faster than traditional braces or aligner therapy solutions like Invisalign®.
- Patented tray kits allow for quick and painless application.
- Your resulting straighter smiles allows for better oral hygiene.
What does the treatment involve?
At your initial consultation, our certified doctor can determine whether you are a suitable candidate. After you have decided to pursue treatment, molds of your teeth will be taken and sent to the Six Month Smiles® laboratory. The lab technicians there will manufacture bonding trays, custom-fit to your teeth and sends them back to our office within two weeks. We will then schedule a follow-up appointment, during which the dentist will apply your braces.
You will be required to schedule monthly appointments, so the dentist can adjust your braces to advance the straightening process. Within 4 to 9 months, treatment is finished, with most cases requiring only six months of treatment. Upon removing your braces, we will discuss retention options with you, so you can choose a suitable solution that helps maintain your newly straight smile.
How is 6 month braces different than traditional braces?
There are a few points of contrast between 6 month braces and traditional dental braces. First, the cost is less with 6 month braces. At Best Dental, we charge a total of $3,500 for our 6 month treatment making us your affordable option in the greater Houston area. Here is a list of other contrasting factors between regular braces and six-month braces:
- Six month braces cannot correct large biting discrepancies that you may have such as an overbite, cross-bite or under-bite. It can. however, correct some minor biting issues that you may have.
- The number of wire changes is a lot less with six-month braces as compared to traditional orthodontics.
- Six-month braces is ideal for adults who have regular spacing and crowding problems.
- Traditional braces may encourage the use of rubber bands to help correct large biting adjustments inside the mouth. This is typically not seen with six month smiles.
How does six month braces compare to Invisalign?
There are some major differences between the six month smiles system and Invisalign treatment. Let’s look at a few of them here:
- Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners to slowly shift your teeth into position. In contrast, six month smiles (like traditional braces) uses wires and brackets to accomplish the same task.
- Invisalign therapy typically costs more than six month braces (normally due to high overhead costs for your dentist).
- Six-month braces, on average, tends to move your teeth into their proper positions at a faster rate.
- Six-month smiles can deal with minor biting adjustments a lot faster than Invisalign.
- There is a higher rate of interproximal reduction with Invisalign therapy. This means that your dentist or orthodontist will shave some of your tooth structure down to create space if you are having severe crowding problems in order to move your teeth into their proper positions.
What do six month braces look like?
Just like traditional braces, six month braces use regular brackets and wires to move teeth around. Ceramic six month smiles is also available to help adults cosmetically mask their braces as their teeth move to their proper orientations.
Can my teeth really be straightened in six months?
Absolutely. With their patented technology, Six-Month-Smiles have been able to help thousands of Houstonians fix their spacing and crowding problems creating rejuvenating smile that their patients can be proud of. With the use of nickle-titanium technology, the majority of patients attain a straighter and more beautiful smile within six months.
What is the cost of 6 month braces in Houston, TX?
The average cost of 6 month braces in Houston, TX is $4,500. Prices may vary depending on the treating dentist, the complexity of your individual case, and how long your treatment will take to complete. Some short term braces cases may take slightly longer than six months to complete.
If I have a severe overbite, can six month smiles help me?
Patients with severe overbite issues will need to undergo traditional braces treatment. Occlusion discrepancies are difficult to correct, and will require the use of bands and other orthodontic appliances to fix correctly. At Best Dental, we do not recommend short term braces for patients with these issues.
Will Dental Insurance cover my short term braces treatment?
Some insurance plans do cover adult and teen orthodontics. Our insurance specialists will find our what your plan covers during your consultation appointment.
Will I need to have any teeth removed to straighten my teeth?
If you suffer from severe crowding, your dentist or orthodontist may recommend teeth extraction to create enough space to straighten your teeth. At your consultation appointment, you will be informed in teeth removal is recommended.
Are six-month-braces painful?
Just like traditional braces, once your braces are put on, or when you have a wire adjustment, there is a transition period where you will have discomfort. We usually recommend Tylenol extra strength for the first few days after your adjustments or wire changes take place.
If you think the Six Month Smiles® system could work for you, contact us at your earliest convenience. We are the #1 provider of 6 month braces in the greater Houston, TX area.