If you are looking into getting a permanent solution for your missing teeth, you have probably heard of the term All-On-4® Dental Implants. This new concept states that 4 dental implants can be used per arch in order to completely give your a full mouth restoration. You will also hear this All-On-4 concept called full mouth dental implants by patients.
If you are currently a denture wearer, and are tired of your dentures feeling loose, and just not fitting right, this may be the treatment option for you. In this article, we will discuss many of the lingering questions that you may have about All-On-4 Dental Implants, and how they can dramatically improve your life.
Am I a candidate for All-On-4 Dental Implants?
The following are ideal candidates for the All-On-4 Dental Implant treatment:
- Patients who have lost all their teeth
- Current denture wearers who are tired of their dentures feeling loose
- Patients who have broken and worn teeth, and need to get them replaced as soon as possible.
The great news with the All-On-4 concept is that we can help get you your dental implant and a new set of teeth on the same day! This means no need to worry about floppy dentures, as you will get a permanent solution the day of your surgery. This new technology has allowed even those with medical problems to improve their health and lifestyle with a full set of permanent dentures.
How long do All-On-4 Dental Implants last?
This will depend on how well your surgeon placed the dental implants, how well the prosthesis was made, and ultimately how well you take care of the hybrid dentures. On average, All-On-4 Dental Implants can last up to 15 years. Afterwards, either your denture has to be replaced or the implants themselves will need to replaced if they are on the verge of failing.
How much do All-On-4 Dental Implants cost?
This is the most common question that our team gets asked about the All-On-4 concept. On average, look to pay $25,000 for the All-On-4 in each arch. So if you need permanent dentures at the top and the bottom, expect to pay around $50,000. At Best Dental, we charge only $15,000 per arch making us your affordable alternative in Houston. This is barring any additional procedures that you may need. If you need your teeth removed, or any form of bone grafting, additional charges may apply.
Does dental insurance cover All-on-4 Dental Implants?
Most PPO insurance will cover a very small portion of your treatment (around $1,000). HMO insurances will not cover dental implant therapy, so expect most of your payment to be an out of pocket expense.
What are some problems that can occur with All-On-4 Dental Implants?
Two major problems are commonly seen with the All-On-4 concept:
- A dental implant that is holding the denture in place may fail. If this occurs it is usually not a problem as the other 3 can hold onto the hybrid denture until a new implant is ready to be replaced in the area.
- The hybrid denture itself may break. If your bite is off, or if you bite into very hard materials, your denture may break. If this occurs, the hybrid denture will need to be repaired or replaced. Additional charges may apply if this becomes the case.
How many teeth are in an All-On-4?
Most of these hybrid dentures carry 12 teeth, from first molar to first molar. If you want additional teeth, talk to your dentist so that they can coordinate a longer denture with their laboratory team.
Does Best Dental offer finance options for full mouth implants?
Our team offers a variety of financing plans to help lower the cost of your All-On-4 dental implants. Here are some ways that we can help you:
- Third Party Finance Options: We work closely with companies like CareCredit and Lending Club to help patients finance their All-On-4 implants with small monthly payments, and 0% interest for up to 18 months. This makes it easier for patients to get their teeth permanently replaced without having to worry about break their bank.
- Dental Savings Plan: We offer an in-house dental discount plan for our patients to help them save up to 15% on their All-On-4 Dental Implants. For an annual payment of only $200, our patients can save 15% on any form of dental treatment they need. This reduces the expenses associated with this procedure, and it helps a lot of our patients get their teeth replaced at a reasonable price.
Getting a full mouth set of dental implants to replace your broken or missing teeth can be a life changing experience. If you happen to be in the Houston area, and are looking for an affordable option to get All-On-4 dental implants, contact our team today. Dr. Jasmine and her team will closely evaluate your oral health, and see if you are a good candidate for this treatment option. We look forward to meeting you soon!