A: Dental Implants work with placing the implant into the jawbone, that works just like your root. We place a porcelain crown over it, which works just like the crown of your tooth. It feels natural, and you will never know the difference.
Life After Tooth Loss
When you experience tooth loss, no matter the cause, it can be a very painful experience with many long-term side effects that many don?t consider. Tooth loss can happen for various reasons whether from genetically weak teeth, auto accidents, periodontal disease or severe neglect of dental hygiene.?
Losing tooth is one thing, but what about life after tooth loss? What do you do then? Most people would just assume that you accept the fact that you have to live with dentures or a bridge the rest of your life and adjust to that reality.
Dentures are very cumbersome, require a lot of extra maintenance real teeth do not, and they just don?t feel natural. In fact, many people who get dentures to replace both upper and lower arches or even a partial bridge, have great difficulty eating, swallowing, and speaking when they get dentures or a bridge. It causes many to change their diet drastically and they may develop a speech impediment as a result of the foreign devices in their mouth masquerading as teeth.
For those who want a more natural solution, and want to continue to enjoy life uninterrupted by the hassle of denture creams, adhesives, altered diets, and the anxiety of denture slippage in public?Best Dental In Richmond has the perfect solution for you.?
Why Dental Implants Are The Superior Option
After years of constant improvement and development in dental implant technology?today dentists are using some of the most advanced materials and methods ever used in the history of dental implants. The dental implants of today are not only substituting for your missing teeth in form, function, feel?but they are doing it effortlessly, with little pain and many more health benefits most patients might not be aware of:
- They Are Hands Down The Closest Thing To Natural Teeth ? You won?t find a single dentist in worldwide that will disagree with this sentiment. Dental implants mitigate jawbone loss and gum recession after tooth loss. When you lose a tooth, that area around the jawbone becomes weak due to lack of stimulation and that bone deterioration can spread causing more tooth loss as well. Dental implants are a 1:1 replacement for your teeth and leave no gaps, don?t crowd or damage your remaining teeth as bridges and dentures can. In fact, implants are indistinguishable from natural teeth, whether you have one implant or our All On Four? Full Mouth Reconstruction.?
- Pain Is Minimized ? We understand that the thought of having an implant screwed into your jawbone sounds extremely painful, but the reality is that with most procedures, patients are back to work within a day with something as simple as an over-the-counter pain reliever. Dental implants high success rate is due to the mitigated pain, downtime, and quick recovery time.?
- Dental Implants Can Benefit Your Physical And Emotional Health ? As mentioned missing teeth can be very hard on someone physically, but also emotionally for many patients. Not only does missing teeth force you to adjust your diet and put your jawbone health at risk, but it can also cause problems in social settings, and cause depression. Dentures don?t really help with that as then you worry about dentures looking fake, causing you to speak differently, or falling out at dinner amongst friends or in public. The anxiety for many patients is just too much to bear. The anxiety and stress alone can then turn into physical ailments such as panic attacks and high blood pressure. Dental implants eliminate the anxiety with the natural feel, function, and form of your natural teeth so you can carry on with life as you always have.
- Implants Are Extremely Durable ? Dental implants are made from a super-strong composite material with a hardness level equal to natural teeth?with one huge advantage. Dental implants can never develop cavities. Now, this does not mean you can skip on flossing, brushing, getting your regular dental exams, and practicing good oral hygiene. You can still develop gum disease from bacterial growth or develop stains on the implants, so make sure you treat them like normal teeth. Just know that you will never have to deal with a cavity again, and your dental implants won?t wear down? when properly cared for they should last you the rest of your life.?
- Implants Fortify The Jawbone ? Implants stimulate the jawbone like a natural tooth by fusing with the jawbone. Without any stimulation, the jawbone would disintegrate over time causing more serious problems and facial disfigurement. Dental implants, unlike dentures and bridges, are the only option that keeps your jawbone intact.?
- Implants Protect Remaining Teeth ? If you are missing just one or two teeth, many people will opt for a bridge not realizing how counterproductive this actually is. The bridge has to support itself using the existing teeth on each side which strains those teeth. That will eventually cause the teeth to shift and have a domino effect that causes all of your teeth to drift out of alignment. With dental implants, whether it?s one, two, or your entire arch?it?s a 1:1 replacement that keeps the natural alignment of your teeth the way they are. the bridge that replaces that tooth is supported by the surrounding teeth and causes strain on them. Over time that strain causes the teeth to shift and can cause a domino effect of problems.
Are You A Good Candidate For Dental Implants?
You?ve taken the right step in asking about dental implants and how they work. Now that you have the answers and the advantages of dental implants?you should focus on whether you are a good candidate for dental implants.
Dental implants are a very precise procedure that is a permanent solution for the temporary problem of tooth loss. For that reason, Dr. Naderi is very thorough in her evaluations to make sure each patient that seeks dental implants is a good candidate.
When you visit Best Dental in Richmond, Dr. Naderi will ask you what you want to change about your smile, and why you think dental implants are the ideal solution for you. It is just as important for you to feel this is the best solution as the fact that if all criteria are met?it is. So we want to make sure you are informed before committing to the procedure.
Dr. Naderi will then get some imaging of your mouth to determine if your situation is right for dental implants and able to support such a procedure. Essentially Dr. Naderi is looking at the following areas of focus:
- Your Jawbone Health: In order to accommodate implants in your jawbone, Dr. Naderi needs to get an up-close look at the structural integrity of your jawbone to ensure it is strong enough to safely secure the implant and fuse.?
- Your Lifestyle: Your lifestyle can be a determining factor on the success of your procedure. For example, smoking has a proven negative impact on implant site recovery and healing as well as reducing the density of your jawbone. This can have detrimental results that can lead to implant failure and it is why we address it right up front. Aside from the obvious health risks already associated with smoking?cessation at least three months before getting dental implants is a must if you wish to be a good candidate for dental implants. ?
- General Health Level:? Your general health level can also hamper the healing process and diseases such as diabetes do pose some concerns and challenges?but with attention to post-op care and details, we can work with that in many cases. The more Dr. Naderi knows about your general health and any issues, the better she can approach your dental implant procedure.?
Ready To Get Your Smile Back With Dental Implants?
If you really want to know if you?re a good candidate for dental implants, the best way to find out is to schedule an evaluation with Dr. Naderi where she can give you a definite action plan to get your smile back to where it should be. Contact us today, hesitation will only hamper the process!