Everyone wants beautiful teeth but for many, braces are a matter of oral necessity. If your dentist has recommended you consider braces, then you’ve probably got plenty of questions. Getting braces is a realistic possibility for many, given the high density of highly qualified orthodontists offering reduced rates. Here’s everything you need to know about getting braces in Richmond TX.
How Much do Braces Cost in Richmond, TX?
The cost of braces can vary substantially based on the condition of your teeth and which dental team you opt for. In general, however, you’ll find that getting braces in Richmond TX is cheaper than in some other parts of the USA. The average cost of braces in Richmond, TX is $4,500. Costs can vary depending on the complexity of your case, and who your treating dentist or orthodontist is.
However, this is only if you’re very lucky and need the least amount of dental surgery. On average, metal braces in Texas will set you back somewhere between $3000 and $6000. For most Americans, this is a substantial amount of money. You should therefore only opt for braces if you really need them or feel you would benefit from using them. In the worst case scenario, you could end up paying more than $7000.
It’s up to you to determine whether this is worth the investment. For some people, $3000 is quite reasonable while $6000 is just simply not possible. You’ll therefore need to talk to your Richmond based dentist for a quote. They’ll be able to explain what work needs doing and how much it will cost overall. It’s then up to you to decide whether or not you want to pay that amount. Remember though, you might not have to pay everything. There’s a chance your insurer will cover some or all of the costs. This can help to make braces much more affordable.
Will Insurance Cover the Cost of Getting Braces?
If you find that getting braces is more expensive than you think you can pay, it’s worth checking whether this procedure is covered by your insurance. This can help to ease the financial burden and make your dreams of beautiful teeth come closer to reality. In the majority of cases, health insurance only covers emergency dental procedures. They may also cover orthodontic surgery for under 18s but if you’re an adult then this won’t be of much use. If you’re on the most basic level of healthcare, then braces aren’t considered enough of an emergency for your insurer to cover it.
Despite this, there are plenty of insurers out there who do cover braces and other dental procedures. Even adult and cosmetic dental surgery can be covered by insurance companies. If you’ve paid a premium, then you should expect some of the costs to be paid for by your health insurance provider. Where patients have been able to use insurance to cover the cost of braces, insurance companies paid more than $3000 on average. This could cover a huge chunk of the costs, making it much more affordable. When shopping around for health insurance, try to find something that covers adult orthodontics if you think there’s any chance of needing braces in the future.
Other Dental Financing Options for Braces
If it turns out that your insurance company doesn’t pay for braces, as is the case for many residents of Richmond TX, then you may be able to finance the dental procedure in other ways. Don’t be put off just because you don’t have the full amount in the bank right away.
You have five main options to secure funding another way:
- Health savings account: This flexible savings account option allows you to purchase orthodontic surgery on your pre-tax dollars. This tends to offer savings often running into the hundreds. It takes some time to build up but will give you a healthy lump sum to put towards some much-needed braces.
- Aid: There are organizations in Texas that offer braces at a discount for low-earners. If you don’t have the means to get braces but you desperately need them, get in touch with these charities that will cover some of the cost.
- Employer health insurance: Okay, so your personal health insurance might not cover braces but what about the insurance you get from work? It’s worth checking to see if that covers dental surgery.
- Get a loan: If you have no other option, then you could take out a personal loan to get the cash quickly. In fact, your orthodontist in Richmond TX might offer this. Some even do so with zero interest, allowing you to spread the cost out across the months. This option can really make all the difference, giving you access to an otherwise unaffordable procedure. Some third party financing companies include Lending Club and CareCredit.
- Discount plans: There are other ways to get reduced cost dental work, including discount plans. These cost you an annual fee but you get that back later in the form of discounted braces from your Richmond orthodontist.
If you can’t pay the full cost of braces right now, there are alternatives out there. Try to find other forms of funding to make the procedure more affordable.
How to Choose a Braces Specialist in Richmond TX
There are so many options for braces in Richmond TX. Browse the internet and start by comparing costs. You need to be realistic about what you can afford. Once you’ve found one that you think you may be able to afford, have a look at financing options. Check with your insurer whether this kind of procedure is covered. If not, consider a different financing option or ask the braces specialist whether they can spread the cost over several months.
Financing is only one aspect, however. You need to check the quality of braces in Richmond TX. For this, search the surgery online and read the reviews. When it comes to oral hygiene, you don’t want to compromise. Ensure you’re working with a professional who takes pride in their work and has a trail of happy customers.
Anyone who needs dental work should be able to get braces in Richmond TX. If you need them, remember there are ways to get some of the costs covered. Talk to your employer, insurance company, and orthodontist to find a solution to your need for braces.