Costs Of Braces In Houston
Prices and costs are changing across the city. Traditional dental braces treatment seems to be getting more expensive, especially across the Houston, Tx area. Many patients often think about what the cost of braces will be in 2020. How will insurance coverage and plans help my family pay for such an expensive treatment? This is a very important question because it is critical to get dental braces placed for a variety of reasons. Moving forward to 2020, the average cost of braces in Houston can range between $3,500-7,500 depending on the orthodontist that is performing the procedure. Prices can vary depending on the complexity of the case, the length of the case, and the types of materials used for your brackets.
FACTORS DETERMINING DENTAL BRACES COSTS
Perhaps the number one determining factor when it comes to traditional braces costs is the length of time that is needed to complete the case. There are a myriad of different crowding and spacing problems that everyone has. The more work and the more complex the braces treatment is, typically the more visits and more expensive the treatment ends up being. Some of the more difficult cases include patients with biting problems such as using braces to fix an overbite, or an openbite. A highly qualified orthodontist needs to carefully study your case before they give you a price because treatment planning ultimately dictates the success of your case. Choosing just any dentist may lead to spacing and other functional problems that you certainly don’t want.
Functional Concerns That Lengthen Treatment Time
- Overbite – this refers to the extent of vertical overlap of the maxillary (upper jaw) central incisors over the mandibular (lower jaw) central incisors, measured in relation to the incisal ridges. The deeper the overbite, the longer it typically takes to fix the condition, and the more expensive your braces treatment ends up being. Overbites can cause severe tooth wear over time, so correcting this issue is very important to your long term oral health.
- Underbite – An under is when your lower teeth that extend outward farther than the upper front teeth. This condition is also called a Class III malocclusion or prognathism. Underbites are typically seen in those who have a overgrowth of their lower jaw, or an undergrowth of their upper jaw. A combination of orthodontics (braces), and jaw surgery may be required to completely correct the problem. These cases must be handled very delicately, and there should be close coordination with your surgeon and orthodontist. If surgery is required, the obviously your cost of braces treatment along with the surgery will be quite high.
- Openbite – People who have an anterior openbite have front upper and lower teeth that slant outward so they don’t touch when the mouth is shut. An open bite is a type of malocclusion, which means the teeth aren’t aligned properly when the jaws are closed. Some major causes of open bites include thumb sucking and jaw development issues that are genetic in nature.
These are the main functional issue that is normally seen by dentists and orthodontists on a daily basis. Correcting severe versions of these problems can be quite complicated, which leads to expensive treatment costs and higher prices at your dental clinic.
AVERAGE COST OF BRACES IN AND AROUND HOUSTON
The area in Houston where your get your traditional braces also needs to be taken into consideration as well. Different areas in Houston charge different prices, so below we made a chart to help you make a decision what area might help you save some costs. As noted in the chart below, certain areas in and around Houston are cheaper and less expensive than others.
Your dental insurance plan is certainly going to help you with the burden of the costs when it comes to getting your braces. There are many plans out there when it comes to dental insurance. Some may cover the entire course of your braces treatment, while others may only cover a portion of it. Check with your dentist or orthodontist to see exactly what your plan covers, and what your out of pocket expenses will be. Many times, the prices that you pay alongside your insurance plan are much lower than what you would have to pay if you did not have the insurance to begin with.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) – Braces
- What kind of Braces Specials does Best Dental provide? We normally offer seasonal specials with discounts on traditional braces throughout the year. We are currently holding a 1,500 discount on our Braces products that expires in two weeks.
- Do you offer payment plans for Braces? We certainly do. We offer third party financing, month to month payment plans, and pay as you go treatment options that help tremendously with Braces costs.
- How long will it take for my teeth to get straighter? This really depends on the complexity of your case. Some Braces cases can take only a few months, while other can take up to 18 months. During your consultation visit, our team will let you know exactly how long your treatment will be.
- Do I have to wear my retainers after my braces treatment? Yes you do. Otherwise, your teeth will being to crowd or space out again.
Call us today to learn more about the costs of braces in the Houston area. We offer different payment plans, financing options, and monthly specials. You can also find our specials by following us on Facebook. We hope to see you soon!