Dentures and Partial Dentures in Houston and Richmond, TX
Whether you are looking to get a brand-new pair of dentures, or replacing your old ones, Best Dental is the right place for you. Our custom-made dentures are top of the line, and you will never be stuck with a denture that does not have a solid, comfortable fit. At Best Dental, we pride ourselves in working with arguably the best Houston Dentures lab. Our lab here is local, and we have a master technician that can fabricate some of the best dentures no matter how difficult your case may be.
We have seen so many dentures patients come from other unhappy with their current denture because it just was not processed correctly. That is something that you do not have to worry about at Best Dental. We guarantee our dentures will fit comfortably in your mouth, otherwise we will make you a brand new one from scratch at no extra cost.
Whether you are looking for traditional full dentures, partial dentures, or something simpler, we are the right office for you.
Below are some common questions are patients have about traditional dentures. If you have any other questions, or if you are in need of a denture, please contact us today.
Best Dental with Dr. Jasmine Naderi
How can dentures help you?
Dentures are an affordable option to restore your chewing function, and to help you regain your smile. Dentures also help our patients here at Best regain the chewing function so they can eat the foods they love once again. This will allow you to improve your quality of life and improve things on a personal and professional level. Remember that we offer the well-fitting dentures that are considered to be some of the best fabricated dentures seen in and around the Richmond, TX area.
What are some benefits of Dentures?
- They can allow you to socialize again without being embarrassed about your teeth.
- You can regain your speech with a comfortable and well-fitting set of dentures.
- You can chew once again. This will help you regain overall bodily health, and enjoying the foods that you could no longer eat before. Your new ability to chew again will prevent diseases such as GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disorder), celiac disease, and colon cancer.
Are your dentures affordable?
We offer affordable dentures that have the best fit of any dentist in the Richmond, TX area. Our dentures are made by an award winning lab technician who takes his time, and arguable makes the best dentures in the world. Our patients hardly have to come for adjustments, and they are thrilled once their dentures are delivered. We provide financing and payment plan options for those in need, and we will find a way to get you the dentures that you desperately want and need.
What are the cost of dentures?
The average cost of dentures is $3,000. This is both for the upper and the lower denture plates. Prices may vary based on the treating clinician, the complexity of your individual case, and how long it takes for your denture to be fabricated. For more information on the price of dentures in Houston, click here.
Are Dentures comfortable?
This is a very subjective topic so we will try to really break down why some people have more success with their dentures than others.
- If you have a sufficient amount of bone and healthy gum tissue, your dentures will be more comfortable versus someone who does not have much bone support inside their mouth
- If you have a strong gag reflex, your denture may not be as comfortable versus someone who does not
- If your bite (also known as occlusion) is difficult to manage your denture may not be as comfortable as someone who bites down in a more traditional way
Your dentist should inform you during your consultation appointment what to expect from your new dentures.
Are dentures covered by medicare?
They are not going to be covered by medicare. There will be some instances where medicare may cover portions, or even all of the dentures. However, these are very rare occurrences. At Best Dental, we will check with your medicare provider to make sure you get the maximum benefit, so you can save every hard-earned dollar you have.
Are dentures covered by dental insurances?
Most insurance companies will definitely cover a percentage of your dentures. Every carrier and plan are different. Dr. Jasmine and her team will make sure your benefits are maximized and we will let you know during your consultation appointment how much of your denture will be supported by your insurance company.
Are dentures hard to get used to?
If you are a new denture-wearer your mouth will need a few weeks to get used to your new dentures. The first few days will be difficult, but as time goes on your mouth will get more and more adapted to them.
Are dentures made of real teeth?
No they are not. They are composed of acrylic or zirconia based material to allow you maximum comfort during the day.
Can denture teeth be whitened?
No they cannot. Denture teeth are made of acrylic or a zirconia metal, so they cannot be whitened. They can however be cleaned thoroughly as to appear whiter.
What happens when dentures are broken? Can they be repaired?
Yes they can. Most broken dentures can be repaired. During your consultation visit, Dr. Jasmine will notify you if your denture is reparable if it broke.
Can dentures be worn overnight?
They should not be worn overnight. Dentures should be cleansed thoroughly, and not worn while you are sleeping. They should be put on only during the daytime hours. Wearing them at night can create a nidus for bacteria to proliferate and cause potential infections inside the mouth.
Can dentures cause oral thrush?
Oral thrush is a fungal infection of the oral cavity. It can be seen with denture-wearers especially those who wear their dentures over-night.
Do I have to worry about cavities on my dentures?
No they cannot since they are not composed of real teeth.
How are dentures made?
Dentures are made in a team effort with your dentist and their corresponding dental lab.
- Your dentist will take an impression of your mouth, and this impression is sent off to the laboratory.
- The lab technician will construct a wax model that is sent back to your dentist so he can use it to take measurements inside your mouth.
- The wax measurements are sent back to the technician. The tech will then place teeth inside this wax model so that you and your dentist can see how the final denture will look prior to them processing the wax into an acrylic based material.
- Once you like how the teeth look inside the wax try in, the molds are sent back to the lab where the technician processes the dentures. During this process, the wax is replaced with acrylic. The acrylic is cleaned, polished, and sent back to the dentist. Your denture is now ready to be delivered and any final adjustments that are needed will be made by your dentist.
Can dentures change the shape of your face?
Yes they can. Your face droops when it is not supported by teeth. Much of the shape of your face can be regained with traditional dentures.
How do dentures stay in place?
Dentures stay in place mostly with soft tissue support and how much bone supports that soft tissue. The more bone and soft tissue you have, the more stable your denture will be.
How long after tooth extractions can I get my final dentures made?
Your dentist can take a few routes to get your dentures constructed if you are needing dental extractions.
- An immediate denture can be made right after the extraction process. This requires your back teeth to be removed initially. Measurements are then made with wax models that are constructed by the dentist’s lab technician. Once these measurements are made, the denture is constructed. Another appointment is made to remove your front teeth and the denture is inserted that same day. Hence the term, ‘immediate denture.’
- Another way dentist will go about making your denture involves taking an initial impression, and telling their lab technician to construct a temporary or interim denture. The second appointment, your teeth are removed and the interim denture is placed. After 6-8 weeks of your tissues healing, the process of making your final denture takes place.
How do I clean my dentures?
- Have a special toothbrush to clean your dentures daily. Avoid any buildup that might accumulate during the day
- use a soft bristled toothbrush, and avoid hard bristled toothbrushes when cleaning your dentures
- Place dentures in water with a cleansing tablets to remove any debris that can’t be removed with your toothbrush.
- Do not soak your denture in boiling water, as it may change the shape of your denture
- Do not soak your denture in any chlorine based products especially if your denture uses metal supporting structures.
We have so many patients who come to our office and say, listen Dr. Jasmine, these dentures are just not comfortable, and they come loose whenever I eat food. In these cases, Dr. Jasmine may recommend dental implants.
What are implant supported dentures? They are dentures that snap into dental implants to give you a more firm and comfortable experience with your dentures. This will allow you to chew your food comfortably and not have to worry about your denture coming loose in public.
We know that having a denture can be a hassle, and more so for lower dentures due to the powerful tongue muscle that can dislodge your denture at times. That’s why Best Dental has decided to allow patients to comfortably afford two lower dental implants with a custom-made lower denture for the price of $4,000. Most dental offices in and around Houston and Richmond will charge this much (if not more) just for a single dental implant.
We want to make sure your dental experience is not only comfortable, but financially reasonable as well. If you are looking for affordable dentures in Houston and Richmond, TX, the you have picked the right office for you.
Call our office to learn more about how we can improve your smile today.