Cost of Dental Crowns in Houston
Prices and costs are changing across the city. Dental Crowns treatment seems to be getting more expensive, especially across the Houston, Tx area. Many patients often think about what the cost of dental crowns will be in 2020. How will insurance coverage and plans help my family pay for such an expensive treatment? This is a very important question because it is critical to get dental crowns placed for a variety of reasons. Moving forward to 2020, the average cost of dental crowns in Houston can range between $500-$2,500 depending on the dentist that is performing the procedure. Prices can vary depending on the complexity of the case, and what type of material is used to make the crown.
Factors Determining Dental Crown Costs
Perhaps the number one determining factor when it comes to Dental Crown costs is the types of materials used to construct the dental crown. There are a myriad of different materials that are used in today’s age to make dental crowns. Some materials are better than other depending on the area of the mouth, and how exactly the patient bites and functions. A highly qualified cosmetic dentist needs to pick out the material based on his or her experience. Choosing just any dentist may lead to a non-functional dental crown that can lead to a number of problems inside your mouth.
The Different Types of Dental Crowns – Materials
- Gold Crown – Gold crowns used to be the material of choice when restoring teeth that were severely worn down due to decay or attrition. Although not cosmetically pleasing to some, gold crowns are several advantages. Less tooth reduction is needed to construct these crowns, and their marginal integrity is second to none. Since the rise of gold costs over the last few decades, this material is one of the most expensive materials to construct dental crowns with these days.
- Porcelain Crown – This material is the standard of choice of dental crown material in the modern age. Strong and aesthetically pleasing at the same time, porcelain crowns give the best of both worlds. A few drawbacks include more tooth reduction is required to construct these crowns, and the marginal integrity is not as good as gold. The cost of these crowns is typically less than gold, which is why it is the go-to material of choice for most patients.
- Porcelain Fused To Metal Crown – Another combination material is a porcelain crown that is fused to a metal base. These crowns are not as aesthetically pleasing, but are a lot cheaper than pure Porcelain crowns. Due to lower costs, a lot of people end up choosing this material for their dental crowns, especially if the crown is in the back of the mouth.
The Dental Laboratory Used
Another big determining factor when it comes to costs is which laboratory the dentist uses to help him construct the dental crown. Not all labs are equal; some produce better, stronger, and more aesthetic dental crowns than others. These labs tend to be more expensive, which usually means your dental crown will turn out to cost more as well. It’s very similar to buying a car. Some cars are better than others, and hence they are more expensive. The same principle applies with dental crowns. Fortunately, at Best Dental, we work with some of the best labs in the country, producing amazing results that you have to see for yourself. At the same time, our dental crown prices can’t be matched anywhere in the Houston area.
Average Prices of Dental Crowns in and around Houston
The area in Houston where your dental crown also needs to be taken into consideration as well. Different areas in Houston charge different prices, so below we made a chart to help you make a decision what area might help you save some costs. As noted in the chart below, certain areas in and around Houston are less expensive than others to get your dental crown:
Your dental insurance plan is certainly going to help you with the burden of the costs when it comes to getting your dental crown. There are many plans out there when it comes to dental insurance. Some may cover the entire dental crown while other may only cover a portion of it. Check with your dentist to see exactly what your plan covers, and what your out of pocket expenses will be. Many times, the prices that you pay alongside your insurance plan are much lower than what you would have to pay if you did not have the insurance to begin with.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Dental Crowns
- How much does Best Dental charge for a Dental Crown? We normally charge $1,200 for our dental crowns, but this month we are holding a crown special of only $700 for a full Porcelain crown. This will give you the same high quality crown that you deserve while saving you a lot of your hard-earned dollars.
- What material do most people select when choosing a crown? The main choice is normally Porcelain since it gives a great and natural look, while giving your teeth the safety and protection that it needs.
- What is the average cost for a dental crown in Houston? On average, the cost of a dental crown in Houston is $1,100. Prices may vary depending on the area and doctor that is performing the procedure.
- How long do dental crowns last for? This will depend on how well you take care of your crown, and the quality of dental work that was performed by your dentist. The better you take care of your crown (brushing and flossing) the longer it will last. Most dental crowns last over 10 years.
Call us today to learn more about the costs of dental crowns in the Houston area. We offer different payment plans, financing options, and monthly specials. You can also find our specials by following us on Facebook. We hope to see you soon!