COST OF ROOT CANALS IN HOUSTON, TX
Prices and costs are changing all across the Houston area. Root Canal treatment seems to be getting more expensive all across the city. Many patients often think about what the cost of Root Canals currently are, and what those costs will be moving into the future. How will insurance coverage and plans help my family pay for such an expensive treatment? This is a very important question because it is important to get Root Canal treatment for a variety of reasons. Moving forward to 2020, the average cost of Root Canals in Houston, TX is $850. Prices can vary depending on the dentist that is performing the procedure, if any additional procedures will be needed, and the which tooth is needing the root canal treatment (molars are slightly more expensive).
Average Cost of Root Canal Treatment in Houston, TX
|Tooth Type||Average Cost||Price Range||Our Price|
FACTORS DETERMINING ROOT CANAL COSTS
Perhaps the number one determining factor when it comes to Root Canal costs is which tooth is needing to have a root canal performed. There are a variety of different teeth with their own complexities. The more complex and difficult the treatment, the longer your dentist will need to complete the case. Some cases are simpler than others. The biggest determining factor is which tooth in the arch is being worked on. Molars have come complicated anatomy, and will cost more to complete their root canal treatment versus anterior teeth in the front of your mouth. A highly qualified root canal expert needs to study the case very carefully, as treatment planning is probably the most important step in getting your Root Canal Treatment done properly. Choosing just any dentist may lead to failed root canals, which will likely need to be retreated.
THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF TEETH AND ROOT CANALS
- Anterior Root Canals – These are root canals that are performed on your front teeth. Normally, these teeth have less compleities than your back teeth, and the price to get a root canal performed on these teeth is less.
- Premolar Root Canals — These are the middle teeth in between your back teeth and your front teeth. They will have slightly come complexities than your front teeth, and they will usually cost a but more to perform a root canal on than your anterior teeth.
- Molar Root Canals — These teeth are your back teeth, and are usually the more difficult teeth to get root canal treatment performed on. They will also have the greatest cost for your root canal treatment in comparison to the other teeth in your mouth.
THE NUMBER OF ADDITIONAL PROCEDURES IN ADDITION TO ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
This is another huge factor when determining your overall costs. The more cases or procedures that you need, the more expensive your treatment will end up being. It is always good to see an experienced clinician that has a lot of training under their belt. This will not only save you time and money, but it will assure you that your dentist has the necessary skill to complete the treatment correctly the first time around.
Some of the additional procedures that may be needed in addition to your root canal treatment include crown lengthening, and dental crown treatment.
Fortunately, at Best Dental, we have affordable pricing and have an array of financing options that can help you pay for your root canal treatment. At the same time, the quality of our work is something that we care deeply about, so rest assured that you are in good hands. We charge a flat fee of $800 for our Molar root canal treatment. This price is not including any additional procedures that may be needed.
Your dental insurance plan is certainly going to help you with the burden of the costs when it comes to getting your Root Canal treatment. There are many plans out there when it comes to dental insurance. Some may cover the entire course of your treatment while other may only cover a portion of it. Check with your dentist to see exactly what your plan covers, and what your out of pocket expenses will be. Many times, the prices that you pay alongside your insurance plan are much lower than what you would have to pay if you did not have the insurance to begin with.
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IN HOUSTON, TX
If you are looking for high quality root canal treatment in Houston, TX come see our expert team at Best Dental. Our exams are complimentary and we have some of the best prices seen in all of Houston. So if you are in need of root canal treatment, call us today.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) – Root Canal:
- What Happens If My Root Canal Fails? If a root canal fails, which in rare cases does occur, the tooth will need to be retreated by your dentist, or certified root canal specialist. Sometimes, an additional surgery may be needed to completely remove the infected tooth.
- What Happens If Tooth Breaks Breaks After My Root Canal? If the fracture is severe, the tooth will need to be removed. If the fracture is minimal, then your dentist will recommend placing a cap or a dental crown to protect your tooth structure.
- How Long Do Root Canals Usually Last? Around 10 years. After that the root canal may need to be retreated. There are some cases that the root canal fails after 10 years.
- Are Root Canals Painful? This is a myth that has become folklore throughout our culture. Contrary to public belief, a root canal is not a painful procedure if proper local anesthesia is administered.
Call us today to learn more about the costs of Root Canals in the Houston area. We offer different payment plans, financing options, and monthly specials. You can also find our specials by following us on Facebook. We hope to see you soon!