Having a straight and beautiful smile used to be a commodity for most people. It has turned into a necessity in the modern age of beauty and glamour. But trying to find out how much teeth alignment can be with clear braces can be quite frightening for most people.
With new advances in orthodontic technology, Invisalign and other clear braces options are beginning to replace traditional braces treatment. The average cost of Invisalign across Houston, TX is now $5,800.
The ultimate questions boils down to is Invisalign treatment worth it for this price for Houston, TX residents? Let’s read on and find our together.
Invisalign Cost in Houston
The three most common types of Invisalign treatment include Invisalign Express, Invisalign Lite, and Traditional Invisalign
Cost of Invisalign in Houston, TX
|Invisalign Package||Average Cost||Cost Range|
The cost of clear braces treatment can vary from one person to another based on different factors. Similarly to traditional braces, some of these include:
- The complexity of your case
- How long your clear braces treatment will take to complete
- How many clear aligners you will need
- The experience of your dentist or orthodontist
- If your doctor is a specialist in orthodontics (orthodontists charge more than general dentists)
Below is a detailed description of the most common Invisalign packages that your Houston dentist will recommend for you.
The average cost of traditional Invisalign in Houston, TX is $5,800.
This traditional package is appropriate for even the most complicated cases. The traditional option provides significant flexibility and control over the treatment, as the process can be gradual to correct any tooth imperfections that you may have. The big bonus with traditional Invisalign treatment is that you have an unlimited number of tray that your dentist can use to fix any crowding or spacing issues you have.
Additionally, the treatment can continue until you are happy with the result. That’s the perk with having an unlimited number of trays. Any slight imperfections can continue to be perfected.
For Invisalign lite you can expect to by an average of $3,600 in the greater Houston, TX area.
This package is recommended for teens and adults who have minimal crowding or spacing problems. There are a limited number of clear tray aligners usually ranging from 8-10 that help fix any imperfections that you may have with your teeth. If you have any discrepancies with your bite, such as a crossbite or an overbite, this form of treatment will not correct those issues.
One of the downsides with the Lite version is that if your teeth need additional adjustments after your last aligner, you will have to pay out-of-pocket for any additional trays that you may need.
If your issues are small you might get away with the express option. It is targeted at those who have minor overcrowding or spacing problems. There are only a maximum of ten trays or aligners associated with the express version.
The express version, similar to lite, has the issue where you have to pay for more aligners if the final result is not what you are looking for.
Most Houston dental offices do offer additional treatment in such cases, but you will have to pay for it. If your issue was not major to begin with, you will probably end up paying out-of-pocket.
Additional costs associated with Clear Braces
There will be additional costs associated with Invisalign treatment. Let’s go over those now:
- Initial Consultation – whether it’s a dentist or an orthodontist that you are seeing, many clinicians in Houston, TX are going to charge you for a consultation with them. Make sure that whoever you pick as your dentist, that they are an Invisalign Certified Provider. During your exam you are able to ask pertinent questions in regards to your Invisalign treatment, and which form of treatment is right for you.
- Dental X-rays – Many dentists and orthodontists across Houston will also charge your for x-rays. The major x-rays that will be taken for your clear braces treatment will include a Panoramic X-ray and a Lateral Cephalometric X-ray. These two X-rays will give your Invisalign doctor the pieces he or she needs to form a custom treatment plan for you.
- Refinement – Sometimes the end result of your treatment is not exactly what was predicted during the initial consultation. This can happen even if patients follow the Invisalign provider’s instructions very carefully.The oral cavity is an organ system and it is sometimes not realistic to foresee the results perfectly every time. Moreover, some things can hinder the process of Invisalign; these include:
- not wearing clear aligners properly,
- not wearing the trays for at least 22 hours a day,
- losing your aligners, and not getting replacements right away,
- not wearing aligners for a long period of time due to an illness or accident,
- using broken or cracked aligners,
- complex movements of difficult teeth, and
- genetically slow movement of dentition
- Retainers – The final stage of the Invisalign treatment is wearing retainers to keep your new teeth alignment. This prevents teeth from shifting back to their original places, prevent spacing and crowding problems. Invisalign has its own brand of retainers: the Vivera Retainers. They can be a little more expensive but are said to be twice as durable and thirty percent stronger than other kinds. Vivera include an extra set with each order. For the first few weeks, you will have to wear your retainers for 22 hours per day, just as you did the trays. Later on, you will only wear them at night. Every case is different, though. Retainers are usually not included in the price of the treatment.
Will Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign Treatment?
There are some insurance carriers that will help pay a portion of your clear braces treatment. Each plan is different, but our team if insurance specialists will let you know exactly how much of your Invisalign treatment is covered. From our experience, dental insurance covers $2,000 of the treatment, and that is being generous.
How Can I Save Money on Invisalign?
At Best Dental, we offer all our clear braces patients an option to pick up on our Dental Savings Plan. For $200/year you can save up to 15% on your clear braces treatment. This can save you a tremendous amount of money during the course of your treatment.
If you find yourself in Houston, and want an affordable solution to your orthodontic needs, contact our Invisalign experts at Best Dental today.